Here is the before pic. It was just a big, blank, ugly wall. I'd been toying with the idea of doing a mural there and after tearing out the pea plants that morning, I decided to just do it.
We pulled out a bunch of our free paint. (It is interior paint, so we'll be coating the mural when it is finished.) I had lots of helpers when we started:
Here are the mountains getting started. The two little ones couldn't reach the sky level, so they helped by making dinosaurs for us to bury. Their fossils will be uncovered in the distant future.
My helpers disappeared after a while...
Beorn and Monkey came back to help with the "camo" for the foreground.
All blocked in, so we called it a day.
I've worked on the foreground here and there ever since. There's still the right corner to go...
And here are a couple close-ups:
And a distance shot (the ladder is a nice touch, isn't it?):
And for those who would like to see it in person... you are welcome to come visit, just please be aware that the path to the mural is currently guarded by a fierce mirapod (a dinosaur like creature from W's own world...). Just FYI.











Lovely! We'll have to stop by and see it sometime soon!
ReplyDeleteYour many many talents still totally amaze me! love you!! It looks SO beautiful!! I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete