Yesterday Nini and I spent the day with my mom and my grandma. We had a lot of fun just running errands. It reminded me of visiting my great-grandma with my mom and grandma when I was little. I love my grandma! She is a wonderful lady and I'm glad my kids are all old enough to have memories of their great-grandmother.
I hope Nini will have some good memories of that day. She seemed to have a good time and got upset with me on the way home because "we were supposed to stay with Grandma and Grandma." She had it all figured out, where she could sleep and everything.
Part of the reason for the visit was to help grandma adjust to having so much free time. She commented several times how odd it was not to need to rush off back home to grandad. (After many months of being very ill, my grandfather passed away earlier this month. )
With all of the other ups and downs and the lack of blogging this month, I never did make a post about the funeral. For me, the most powerful part of the whole thing was when my uncle John, who wasn't on the program, got up and said a few words about his dad. I am grateful that he listened to those promptings and shared his feelings.



No comments:
Post a Comment