I promptly began to repot it, after being truly shocked by the state it was in - roots almost an inch in diameter curling round and round the drainage pan. When we finally managed to get it out of the pot... we discovered someone had potted it in topsoil, rather than potting soil. No wonder the thing weighed a million pounds.
Unfortunately there was a problem. This very cool tree was way, way, way too big for my house. It stood over six feet high and over four feet wide.
Here it is overwhelming my living room.

By default it ended up in Nini's room - filling at least a third of the space. It just wasn't working. So, last night the tree left for a new home - a young couple with a large (and pretty much empty) dining room. I hope they take good care of it.
His Valentine's gift didn't work out, but it was truly an awesome idea. Thank you, Beorn. I loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment