Friday, October 25, 2013

Disneyland with the whole Family

My mom decided to treat my whole family to a trip to Disneyland.  It was W and Nini's first time ever - and they were the perfect ages.  W could go on all the rides (except Screaming) and Nini could go on almost all of them.  Nini was WAY excited about EVERY character she saw (it must have been a treat for Frozone to be tackled with a hug, I'm sure that doesn't happen all the time) and W did a touchdown-esq dance after every ride while screaming "that was awesome".  (The only exceptions were Space Mountain, which was "too scary to go on more than once a day", and Splash Mountain, which he and Nini agreed was the "worst, most awful, scary, terrible ride" ever invented.  I still laugh to think he loved Indiana and hated Splash Mountain.)

We left early enough Thursday morning to arrive with time to play at Disneyland.  The kids were so excited to get started.


W insisted that the Matterhorn be our first ride.  He couldn't wait to see the abominable snowman.  We practiced screaming while we waited in line.  I wasn't sure how the two little ones would handle the whole thing - W doesn't have a good track record with rollercoasters and Nini has never done a really fast ride.  But they LOVED it and would have been happy to go over and over and over that night, but we convinced them to move on and explore Tomorrowland.  We stayed until after dark going on Space Mountain, Autotopia, Buzzlightyear, and the Astro-orbiters.


The next morning we went back to Disneyland.  We took pictures with Pluto, Chip and Dale and then made a run back to Tomorrowland for the only store in the park that had the Stitch hat for W.  While we were there, Bucket picked up a bubble gun.  Then we were off to Fantasyland.


Here are the obligatory Mr. Toad pics:








Monkey finally got to ride Snow White on her third trip to Disneyland...


Mom was usually in high demand as a ride partner, so often Dad and Grandma went together.


Bucket loved playing the pied piper with his bubble gun.  He entertained his siblings and all the other kids in line - and went through both his bottles of bubble juice before the first day was over.


Teacups were down, but we pretended... (notice the bubble gun is STILL going...)


Our storybook boats guide was incredible - we made sure to stop by Town Hall and leave a compliment.


 Dumbo!


We met Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel.  Nini was excited to be twins with Cinderella.  I was surprised W wanted to come along.  It turns out my six-year-old has a thing for Ariel.  I had no idea.


Then we were off to Frontierland and New Orleans.  Everyone loved Pirates - but we all got wet!  -even on the second row and Nini started to cry.  She pilled on top of me and I ended up spilling our passes.  I thought I grabbed them all, but I had missed Moneky's.  Luckily, I noticed right after the ride and we were able to get it back when the boat came back around.  Bucket swore he wouldn't go on Haunted Mansion and had some serious anxiety when his mean mom forced him into line.  But, in the end he really liked it.  A lot. 

Next came Bear Country and Winnie the Pooh.  Yup, there's the bubble gun again.


Hunny for my honey.


 Cutest pic ever.


Though this one is close...



 Monkey's kindred spirit.  She chose to take home a way cute Eeyore plush.



Bucket in a thoughtful spot with a Stitchy little brother tagging along.  How apropos.


They had to spend a few minutes feeding some of our snacks to the ducks by the Hungry Bear.


As I mentioned before, Splash Mountain didn't go over well.  Nini got wet at the first little drop and cried the rest of the time.  W hated the final big drop.  Monkey sat in the front and got soaked!

Tarzan's treehouse. 


Nini was too small for Indiana.  While she and I waited for everyone else, she climbed up the rock wall, took off her shoes and started to draw and sing to herself.  Too bad she wasn't wearing a Jane costume.  We brought her Cinderella dress from home and she got a Cinderella polly-pocket set to bring back.  Bucket braved Indiana and liked it well enough to go with me for the baby-pass.


The day ended with Tiki Room.  It was the Mickey's Costume Party and things got crazy busy, so it was a good evening to end early.


Our last day we spent at California Adventure.  Here's Nini dancing her way there.



We did the Cars Land racers first. Yup, the kids are already looking tired and we've just started. 


Capt'n Beorn sporting his cool tri-corn.



We won our race!  Too bad the windshield completely covered W's face in the picture.  W's comment afterwards - "WOW! we were driving sideways!"  Nini's comment - "THE RACE WAS TOO SHORT!!!"  accompanied by tears.  Yes, she's my mother's granddaughter and has a thing for speed.



Red's line wasn't too long so we had to stop.


Me and my mommy rockin' it on the floating tires.


Look out, they're trying to ram us.


Hugs for McQueen.  You should have seen Nini jump when he revved his engine.


Yay for tractors.

Me and W going crazy on the tractor pull.


Private photo event - meant W got to meet himself, I mean Stitch.  Stitch did a little dance at the sight of W - maybe it was the Stitch hat, or maybe he could just sense a kindred spirit.


 Family pic.


Playing drums on the chairs - we got rhythm.


Sulley!


Mr. Incredible!


Our ride on Tower of Terror was pretty traumatic.  Bucket knew better and refused to go and Beorn was happy to sit that one out, but W was totally excited and Nini didn't know what she was getting into.  But part way in, W needed the bathroom, so he and I ran out, leaving Nini and Monkey with Grandma.  They told me that after the first drop Nini went deathly pale and was crying when they walked off.   W started to cry at the first drop and vowed afterward, that he would never do it again.  But when Monkey, Grandma and I started for our return ride, Nini insisted on coming with.  She was fine until the gate closed - then she started to really cry.  Hard.  She wanted out, but it was too late.  Poor thing.  A easy ride on Midway Mania helped.  But by lunch I think Grandma was grand-kided out.


After lunch I took the kids on the Silly Symphony Swings and Little Mermaid.  Then we spent some time in Bugs Land, while Grandma did some shopping.  W in line for the caterpillar.  (This picture just cracks me up!)


Me and Bucket.

Bumper Cars with Nini.


All too soon she will be really driving.  AHH!


Spin that ladybug!!


Frozone!


We all learned to draw Mickey from Steamboat Willie, then went to see Aladdin.  The kids are still quoting Genie's jokes.  We finished off the day with one last ride on Soarin' and picks with Pluto.

Me and my Snoopy!


Beorn and I snuck away after dinner for a little Disney date time.




Thanks mom for a great vacation!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very fun to see all the pictures! I look forward to hearing more. :) What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete