I was very busy. I put away ALL the Christmas stuff - all the decorations, all the gifts - and got the house back to normal. And then, after looking at the Christmas pictures I had taken, I decided I was tired of my family room looking so bad.
We had to tear out the built-ins down there over a year ago when we discovered lots of water damage. The room has been an ugly mess ever since. I figured we'd just live with the "under construction" look until we could afford to fix the room up right.
But no more... Behold! a quick little paint job to cover the random layers of wall paper mixed with cinderblocks, and now it looks more like a real room!
25th:
26th:
Our mini sectional was inherited from someone in our ward last year and a few weeks ago we decided to sell our big TV hutch and use what we have to make an "entertainment and game wall" across from the sofa. So, price for this room make over? $2 for a paint roller and pad at the dollar store and $12 for some nice adhesive stuff so we could hang art on our cinderblock foundation walls without making huge holes.
Now the room and I can happily sit and wait for however many years it will be until we can afford to fix it right.
Groovy!
ReplyDelete