Time to play catch-up
Monkey turned 15 in May and is thoroughly stuck "between 10 and 20".... and it's hard to know what to get a child who is no longer a kid, but still far from adulthood. So, we just gave her what she'd been asking for for YEARS...
Not a Belle figurine...
Not a book on making dolls and stuffed toys...
...but hidden inside the latter, yes, that's right...
a card informing her she was getting her own room (back) !!!
While she was at school, I spent the day getting my sewing and art stuff out and bringing her stuff downstairs... so she came home to her own, private space. I even turned the under-the-stairs-closet into, not only closet space, but a cute, well-lit dressing room.
She's VERY happy to be back in her room.
She did have a party... but being teens, I left them alone and didn't take pictures. She had some friends over for pizza and junk food and a movie marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment