Thursday, January 7, 2016

to finish off 2015...

yes, I have six months to catch up on.
My biggest problem with blogging is... once I get behind I feel I can't post anything until I've caught up and waiting for the time to play catch up means I just get more behind and on and on.  (And for those who've been reading this for a while, sorry for the repeat, I know I've said this more than once, probably every time I get behind.)  Today this pattern caught my thoughts because of how well it relates to keeping house.  I've been guilty of watching too much Netflix lately, specifically "Horders", and I'm teaching a home organization class next week... so keeping house is the measuring stick I used on everything today.  Just like me and my blogging, if you let the dishes go they build up and it seems even more daunting to get them clean so you don't and they stack up even more and the sight of them gives you anxiety so you avoid them and ignore them until your kitchen is TV show worthy (and yes, that was a run-on sentence on purpose).  The cure is a clean-sweep (na-na-na-na-na-na) and a clean slate and then staying caught up... so here's my clean sweep of 2015:


W turned 8 and was baptized in June.  I am very proud of this boy.  He is diligent and conscientious.  He can figure out how to build things and solve problems in ways that astound.  He grasps concepts quickly.  He is an amazing kid.



The garden did great.  I was quite pleased with how the corn in the front yard turned out.  It looked pretty cool.

 We had a neat, once-in-a-lifetime kind of eclipse.

I added another piano student... I'm officially at 5 (three of mine and two from the neighborhood) with 3 more to start in a few weeks.

The girls and their best friends... who also happen to be sisters.  Their mom is my good friend, the dads are two peas in pod (just ask the torched Christmas tree), the boys play well together... the whole family is just a blessing in our lives.


Bucket began growing, so fast you could almost see it happen in front of your eyes... this foto from June is now out of date by at least 12 inches.

School started.  Monkey is a sophomore.  Bucket in 8th grade.  W is in 3rd and Nini in 1st.  School has brought unexpected challenges (like Monkey's PTSD in the musical), but lots of blessings too (W has the same teacher that Bucket had... even though he's at a different school and Bucket did a drawing for Reflections that won at the school level).

I got together with my two best friends from High School.  The three of us were like the three amigos, the three musketeers, our Senior year.  We sang together and supported each other through so much.   Jana and I had lost track of Vicky for years, but I made the effort and was able to get us all together.  And like true friends always can... we picked up right where we left off.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful friends I have!  These two are such amazing and strong women.

Little Levi finally arrived.  So excited for my baby sister to finally be a mom.  I'm also curious to see how much he grows up to look like my kids - since my sister is, well, my sister and our husbands do have an eerie resemblance...

Beorn finally got a job... like a REAL job, instead of a few token hours at his internship sites.  He's now working at a residential treatment place for teenage boys. He enjoys the work (he even gets to do art with the boys!) and they really seem to appreciate him there. The only downside is his schedule.  He works afternoons/evenings, so the kids never see him now.

I chopped off my hair.  It's the shortest I've ever had... and I like it.  I also "officially" started Dressing Your Truth.  I did one month for free, paid the $12.95 for one month (so I could get my color card and watch as many videos as possible) and then, in true type 3 fashion, canceled.

I started babysitting this little cutie.  She's already gone from teeny tiny to crawling while on my watch.

I joined the local handbell choir.  It was my brain stretching activity.  It was hard, really hard since I'm a perfectionist and I don't like to be the newbie making mistakes, but really great as well.  We had a crazy busy Christmas performance season that left my children parentless for a time.

I even got my picture in the local paper.

Christmas was great.  Monkey is enjoying having her own camera.  Bucket got an art tablet to use with the computer.  W got Legos/transformers.  Nini wanted a tablet.... but got a bird and a boogie board (think digital magic slate).


No comments:

Post a Comment