Monday, January 16, 2012

history repeats itself

Although Nini is not her namesake, my sister and my youngest child seem to be cosmically connected. Just like my little sister, Nini is the youngest of four - with her siblings following the same gender and age spacing as my sister's siblings. They both are extremely fair. My sister hardly had any hair growing up, just like Nini. And Nini looks enough like her that I joke that she and her husband could steal her and no one would ever question Nini being their child.

And now, just to show how similar they are, Nini had to bonk her nose. Hard. But since she did it about a year late and not quite as hard (Nini's nose only bled a little and she didn't need stitches), Nini had to do it twice. Two days in a row. Once hitting a table edge and once sliding off the hood of the car (big sister thought putting her up there was a good idea...). Now she has quite the scratch and some bruising under her eye. I think the cosmos really wanted her to break her nose.


But, since I didn't take Nini to the doctor, if she did succeed in breaking her nose we won't know until it's too late and I won't be able to fight the insurance and get her a free nose job at seventeen.

Sorry kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment