Sunday we went to a family gathering to celebrate my grandma's 88th birthday. It is a big milestone, especially considering her recovery from a serious stroke. I found myself reflecting on what it must be like to be able sit there, surrounded by such a LARGE gathering of your descendants... and it was only a fraction of us... It was fun to catch up with some of the extended family - some whom I haven't seen for twenty years. Although my dad's family was not a big part of my life growing up, I am grateful for the opportunities I've had, in my adult life, to get to know my grandma and several cousins much better. I think it was very therapeutic for me to learn to appreciate and love my grandma and have her learn to appreciate and love me. Turned out I am more like her than I ever thought.
Happy Birthday Grandma.

No comments:
Post a Comment