About a week ago a little tuxedo kitty showed up at our house. He's young, I'd say around 9 months old, and he was pretty skinny... so of course, I had to feed him. And, as could be predicted, he's now sticking around. I've done some casual checking and he doesn't belong to any of our neighbors and he doesn't fit the online missing-kitty posts I've found. I can't just chase him off and I hate to take him to the shelter, where most of the kitties end up being put down. Plus, I figure he must like us for more than just the occasional meal, since he sticks around most of the day and puts up with our kids, our cats and our dog.
But, although I find myself drawn to this kitty (he's so sweet and reminds me of the tuxedo kitty I had as a teenager) and I am definitely his favorite, I hate the thought of feeding and cleaning up after cat number 5. And so, I have dubbed this kitty "he who must not be named". Because once you name them - you're hooked. Unfortunately, the kids now refer to him as Voldemort, or Voldi for short.
Help.
Anyone want a kitty?


No comments:
Post a Comment