Thursday, August 16, 2012

my son, Frankenstien, part 2

Oh, this boy and his forehead!  Yup, I figured I couldn't title this post "the sequel" since I'm afraid we may be in for stitches every year with this boy. 

A bit of playing rough with big brother (while mom was outside and unaware) led to a head-smacking the coffee table and here we are eleven stitches later. (for those of you trying to count them - there are three on the inside.)

This year we managed to patch him up at the doctor's office.  We took his tiger, B.W. (his ER gift from last year), since the tiger already has experience with these things and would know how to help him.  And what a difference a year made!  W laid perfectly still and amazed everyone.  It was so much easier than doing sedation in the ER.

When the doctor finished, they showed W his stitches in a mirror.  And, in classic "boy" fashion, his reaction was to smile, nod, and murmur "cool..."

1 comment:

  1. He is a cutie! I loved spending some time with your kids! And, he was very brave! His stitches didn't seem to phase him for entertaining company!

    Love you and your family, Tar!

    ReplyDelete