Saturday, September 1, 2012

kindergarten

W started Kindergarten this week. 

I asked him the night before if he was nervous.  His response was "mom, I like my teacher."  Nope.  Not nervous. 

The first day we arrived early so the boys could have "second breakfast" at the school.

When the bell rang, I took W to his class.  He went right in, hung up his backpack, did the question of the day and settled in to play.  Happy as could be.

Me?  I was fighting back tears.  I asked him if he'd like a hug before I left.  He just rolled his eyes at me.  No.  He didn't need one.  "Well, I do", I said and gave him a quick hug and left.  Before I did cry.  It's so wonderful and so sad to see your baby make such milestones.  I'm glad W is so prepared and comfortable with this one.

Today (Saturday), he was worried about missing school.  I had to explain that there isn't school on Saturdays...

No comments:

Post a Comment