We decided to sell the little IKEA bunk bed in Nini's room and make her a new bed.
Beorn had picked up a partial twin bed frame (free) almost a year ago, with plans to refinish and sell it. We used those pieces, some pallet wood and some leftover foam (from cannibalizing a mattress for a new cushion for the chair in my bedroom <here>) to make Nini's new bed.
It's short, like a toddler bed, but as wide as a regular twin. My sister in law called it a "queen-sized toddler bed".
Nini wanted it painted to match her play kitchen, so I went down to our stock of paint and found two shades of blue. It's not a perfect match, but it all sure looks cute together!
Now we just need to get her walls painted and some real window coverings up...


That is adorable! I love the colors and it looks like a perfect match! I love how creative and clever you and Beorn are with your projects and resources! AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see this in person! Cute!
ReplyDelete