I decided this week to go ahead and finally work on Nini's bedroom. I've been promising her to paint her room for many, many months. And, since I'm in a mural-ing kind of mood, she got a mural instead of plain purple walls. I wanted to try a "hole in the wall" so I pulled out some of our free IKEA paint and went to work.
Here's her room before, with the lovely black road the previous owners left us.
First, I painted over the black road so it wouldn't show through the paint.
Then I did the sky and mountains.
The next day was placing the stones for the wall. That took a surprising amount of time, since you have to "build" the wall one stone at a time, making sure everything is level.
The following day was making the stones "real".
Nini says she now lives in Cinderella's castle. The stone walls fade away over the windows and the rest of the room will just be the plain purple/gray color. Beorn is toying with the idea of doing exposed beams on the ceiling (from recycled pallets, of course) to make it feel even more like a tower room.






No comments:
Post a Comment