First, you need to understand my granddad was a jigsaw puzzle pro. He'd do those big, crazy, million pieces kind of puzzles. Me, I do puzzles now and again (meaning once every decade) but I decided to get a cheap puzzle and put it together as a family. It would be good for my aging brain and (hopefully) fun for everyone. I bought a 1000 piece puzzle at DI that looked complete and set up the card table. We'd have a pizza and puzzle night (instead of pizza and a movie) as a family. Well. It was met with mixed reviews. W was really into it right at first, but I lost him once we realized just how hard a puzzle I'd picked. It really was hard - all black and white and lots of plain white pieces. And within 20 minutes, I'd lost everyone. So, for the next couple weeks it was just me. I'd work on it now and again, in little doses, until I reached it's critical mass and suddenly everything came together and it was done! I got it finished just in time to break it so I could put up the Christmas stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment