Nini was able to spread her birthday over almost a week. The first installment came last week. I'd planned to surprise her with a Frozen bedspread that I'd made. (I knew I could make one for MUCH cheaper than the ones in the stores). I picked up a panel from Amazon and some fat quarters at the fabric store and this was the result:
Unfortunately, Nini found it when I had it laid out on the floor of my art room waiting to be pieced together. She felt bad and immediately came to me all concerned that she'd "seen something I think is for me in your room". And since it was no longer a surprise, I decided to just give it to her when I finally got it finished. She was very excited about her new "snuggle blanket".
I had to explain to her that it was actually a new bedspread... to replace the hand-me-down Dora one she was using. She was Ok with that.
Then Saturday Grandma and Great Grandma took us out to dinner (at McDonald's) to celebrate Nini's birthday. She also got to open presents.
Frozen stickers from Great Grandma...
and a Frozen doll set from Grandma...
Unfortunately all that spoiling meant that her actual birthday seemed like a let down at first. She got a book.
But the day got better...
A cool Frozen cake. (She said she wanted white cake, with chocolate frosting in the middle, white frosting on top and blue drops of food coloring... this is what I came up with).
A big friend party.
A cute boy brought her flowers (since we'd said no gifts).
Macaroni and cheese and a visit with Grandma, who brought her Frozen panties and some cute summer clothes.
Happy birthday, Nini!
"I think I'll be six now forever and ever"
No comments:
Post a Comment