Saturday night was the adult session of our Stake Conference. Elder Ballard spoke. It was a great meeting... I took home three messages. 1 - that my calling isn't about planning activities, it's about bringing individuals and families to Christ. 2 - that we need to improve the spirituality of our sacrament meetings. 3 - that what we choose to do on the Sabbath shows how we feel about our Heavenly Father.
Sunday was the general meeting for Stake Conference (another powerful meeting - I sang with the choir, so we got to sit right up front) and, given what I'd learned the night before, after "church" I wanted to give the kids something to do besides watch movies... so I taught them to index. I lost Bucket pretty quickly, but W and Nini really got into it. W thought it was pretty cool to be finding people who shared his name. Nini loved the fact that the date on the draft cards was "yesterday" (4/25) and "tomorrow" (4/27).
Nini even had to do some "all by herself"... she only needed a bit of help sometimes with the cursive, and of course her typing was very slow... but she was so interested that she really kept at it. We even found a possible set of brothers in our batch of draft cards (same last name and same contact person). It was pretty exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment