Sunday, May 24, 2015

Payson Temple Open house


I pulled the kids out of school so we could visit the Payson Temple before its dedication.  It was wonderful.  Although I took them to the Oquirrh Mountain open house a few years ago, Monkey is the only one who seems to remember it well.  Nini really thought she'd see angels inside the Celestial Room and was a little disappointed.  She knew the Celestial Room represents Heaven... and really thought they'd be there.  We talked about how before the dedication the temple is really just a beautiful building... and how afterwards it is a sacred building, the Lord's house.  Although we may never see the angels, they are definitely there - spirits whose work is being done, or spirits who have a special interest in us.  And because it is a sacred place, we can sometimes feel the Holy Ghost and receive revelation clearer while in the temple.  Afterwards, in the tent outside, Nini didn't want to leave the statue of Christ.  As I watched her look up at it, I could tell how very real her Savior is to her.  I am very grateful to have such a spiritually sensitive child.


I also love that she REALLY wanted to wear her Elsa dress... which she considers the fanciest dress she owns.  And thank you to all the volunteers during the tour who called her a princess.





And... this picture just makes me happy.  Me, and a whole bunch of kids.  I always wanted a very large family... like at least 6 of my own and then fostering kids and adopting some of them.  Sometimes it's very heartbreaking to look at my very "average" (for a Mormon family) number of kids and I have to remind myself what a blessing my two little ones are (I really thought it would only be Monkey and Bucket)... and that fostering may be able to happen some day.  That said... it really just soothed a part of my soul to see this picture - me and my six kids.  I'm not about to try and steal my borrowed babies.... but wow.  I will be forever grateful that I've had the opportunity to add them to my family sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment