A month or so ago I had another friend post a link on Facebook for a Bollywood themed dance party. Between the theme and the chance to hang out with this friend (if you crank the data, we should be best friends, but we just seem to struggle to get our lives to line up), of course I wanted to go. I cleared it with the hubby and spent some time browsing saris on Amazon, looking for just the right one. With some advise from Beorn and Monkey, I found the perfect one for only $25! It has kind of a Victorian, earth goddess feel. I really like it! I had to sew the top myself, out of fabric they sent. I threw it together in about an hour, unlined, Velcro... definitely a costume quality piece, but it will work.
Here's me, in all my ethnic glory...
My friend didn't end up coming with me. Her grandmother passed away and she had to be out of state for the funeral (see what I mean about our lives just never letting us get together....). So, I went to a dance party all by myself. I had people there tell me I was brave to come alone, but I had the ticket and the costume, how could I not go. I talked to people and was friendly and got to know some nice ladies. I tried yummy food, saw some great performers, got some pretty henna on my hand, a free athletic shirt and learned firsthand I don't like lipsense products. I danced and enjoyed the amazing Indian music. It was a good time, albeit not the fabulous time it would have been with a friend.
Here's proof I was there. The Krishna temple is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment