I have wanted to own a canary for a long, long time. But as I said a long, long time ago, a $150 bird just isn't in the budget. Ok, well maybe they're only $100.... but still way out of the pet budget.
But it's funny how life goes. Along with all the problems, trial and difficulties, there are plenty of small (and large) mercies that come our way.
Like a neighbor asking me if I'd like her canary. She's feeling overwhelmed and would like to take at least one thing off her plate. And thus I find myself with a bird, cage, food, dishes, etc... for free.
Here's Piccolo. The newest member of the menagerie.
Yes, he does sing. And yes, it is beautiful. At first he was living in Nini's room, but she did not like his habit of throwing seed. So he's now with me, but can't live with the parakeets. That means two bird cages in my room. Yes, it looks rather like a zoo. Which leads to another update....
We're trying life without kitty purgatory.
Lucy spent weeks and weeks in there, with all of the eye drama, and Arwen had to be out. She did ok. Now that Lucy has graduated to freedom, I'm hoping Arwen can handle the crate being gone.
Wish us luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment