Tuesday, March 29, 2011
rough night
yup, it was. Beorn has been stressing about getting the studio done, so after taking the dog out for his "structured time" and tucking the big kids in, I went out to help him and held down the fort while he ran to Home Depot. Of course, that meant I forgot entirely about going Visiting Teaching. And then when Beorn got back, he was not feeling mentally well. It turned into a half the night effort to talk to him, get him to talk and try to help him feel better. And of course, in the middle of it, Nini wakes up crying. So I put her down on my bed. And then as I'm finally getting Beorn to go to bed, W wakes up crying. So there I am in bed with a husband who's barely coping with life, a boy who's inconsolably crying and clutching me and a little girl who's crying because she can't be right next to me. After trying to "sleep" that way for a while, I finally got the two little ones on their own beds and then did the musical bed thing for a while - talking to Beorn, then snuggling one child, then the other (in their own beds) and then back to Beorn. Round and round. It was a rough night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment