Monday, July 25, 2011

summer fun - July

I'm way behind, so here's a peek at the things we've done this month....

Hiking the Y trail.

Me and Trigger, at the top. He did really well hiking. His backpack got lots of comments - people thought it was great/horrible that he was carrying "my" water. Somehow they missed the pack I was carrying...
View from the Y. Bucket was the first to see the shadow was shaped like a Cougar.
Tired kids at the first switch-back. Bucket was the trooper, Monkey the complainer, V the cool one.


Freedom Festival.
W was the only one who wanted a photo with our Garrison friends (Nini was scared, Monkey too hot and Bucket paying attention to other things....). You can't see it, but I'm in that awesome backdrop - just behind the trooper on the right's head.

Day Camp at Jeremiah Johnson.
BB guns.
Jousting.
Boats - they only got out for about ten minutes. Most of the time they were huddled under a canopy to get out of the rain. It was especially fun when the canopy tried to fly away in a microburst wind.
Bracelet craft.

1 comment:

  1. How she got up the Y trail in a scarf and slip-on shoes is beyond me, but I'm glad V went.

    Your kids are darling.

    ReplyDelete