I was asked to share this recipe. I can't take any credit - I got it out of a magazine - but it is very yummy.
2 1/2 pounds squash (butternut)
2 T butter
1 1/2 C diced onions
1/2 t thyme
1 small bay leaf
3 1/2 C chicken broth
1 T honey
1/3 C cream
1/2 t nutmeg
1- heat oven to 350, spit and clean out squash, salt and place in lightly butter pan
2- add 1/2 C water to pan, bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours until skin is brown and flesh tender, cool, scoop out flesh
3- in saucepan, heat butter until foaming, add onions and salt, thyme & bay leaf, cook over medium heat until onions and tender (not colored) about 10 minutes
4- add squash, season with salt & pepper, cook 5 minutes
5- add broth, simmer 20 minutes, season to taste, remove bay leaf, add honey, cool slightly, puree
6- return to rinsed pot, simmer, add 1/4 C cream, 1/4 t nutmeg, heat through, taste for seasoning. Garnish with remaining cream & nutmeg
No comments:
Post a Comment