I couldn't find a shower curtain that fit the new bathroom, so I started thinking about making one. But... fabric can get really expensive, so I thought of a cheap way to get cute yardage: sheets. Yup, I bought a twin-size sheet set (cost about the same as buying a shower curtain) and turned the flat sheet into a shower curtain. Plus, I had a new fitted sheet and a new pillow case as well!

All I had to do was make some button holes, hem it to the right length and add a plastic liner. I used the hole spacing of the liner to figure out where to place the button holes. (A twin sheet is just barely smaller than a standard liner, so you have to make the last few holes a little closer together, but the difference doesn't show when you hang it up.)
No comments:
Post a Comment