Saturday was our General Women's Conference. I had planned to go with my girls to the Stake Center to watch the broadcast. Nini decided that she REALLY wanted to go this year. Like with many things (not reading for example), it really bothers her to be the youngest and left out. So, although she's not eight yet, we planned for her to come with us.
But there was a last minute (literally) change... we were able to get some tickets to attend the conference at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. It was the first time I've ever been - like the first time I've even been inside. It was tight, time-wise, for us to get there, but we made it. We stopped for a minute to take a picture together outside and ended up being photographed by a reporter. Another 5 minutes of fame.
The Conference was wonderful and Nini did just fine being there. My favorite was when President Eyring spoke about things "even the youngest girl here" could learn and Nini excitedly whispered "that's probably me!!" She really wanted to remember the things he listed and we went over them several times... that she had felt three things that night: love, the Holy Ghost and that she should be closer to the Savior.
I'm so glad I could share the time with my girls. I hope they realize what a privilege it is to be a woman, to be a mother... a to know you are a daughter of God.
You can read the talks from Women's Conference here.
No comments:
Post a Comment