Friday, July 8, 2016

Fairy Tale Run

In looking for races to keep me motivated to run this summer, I found the "fun run" at Thanksgiving Point.  Dubbed the Fairy Tale Run, it is 2.3 miles up and down and through the gardens, with most of the runners in costume.  There are costumed characters scattered throughout the gardens to cheer you on (and give great photo ops, if I'd stopped to take pictures).  It's a family friendly run, with whole families running together, including little ones in strollers.  Given the COSTUME aspect of it, I hit my husband up for running it with me.  He had time to do a couch to 5K training program and be ready.  To my (happy) surprise he agreed to do it.  He only made it a couple weeks on the training, but still came with me to the race and finished... running "more of it" than he thought he would.  AND he said he had fun and would be willing to do it again next year!!








1 comment: