I pulled my husband out of bed to take some pictures on Father's Day.
Given we made him a killer breakfast to eat in bed, and he got salmon for dinner, I figured I could cut his nap a little short. (It wasn't a special Father's Day kind of nap, just his normal Sunday-Sick sleep-the-rest-of-the-day kind of nap. In his defense, going off one of his anti-depressants has made it hard to handle the stuff that life has brought up the last couple months and he did start a new medication last week... hopefully we'll get our daddy back soon.)
Then, as a belated Father's Day celebration, my brother held the inaugural Father's Day BBQ, so we could all visit with Grandpa.
It was the perfect day for it... being the ONLY day in weeks where the temperature stayed well below 90 (rather than pushing 100).
There was food, otter-pops, tree climbing, playing, soda geysers, balloon rockets... and of course, my adorable nephews and niece.
Great idea, Bryan. I'm looking forward to this becoming a tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment