Monday, July 4, 2016

Picture Frame Wreath

So, one part of my calling (job) at church is to collect (and donate) all the "left-overs" from our sharing table each month.  The sisters bring anything they're ready to get rid of and the other sisters are welcome to take it home.  Anything left at the end of the night I take to D.I.

This last month there was a BIG box of artificial and dried flowers.  No one touched it.  Probably because it was kind of a mess and would make a bigger mess to go through it all.  So, I took it (with everything else) home and did the big sort out in my carport.  I was able to find quite a few decent flowers, but the wreath forms that were in the box were too small for my door (I can't cover our knocker, after all).

I contemplated the pile of flowers, trying to think of how I could do a BIG wreath (without spending any money, since I have none).  My last two were made from a huge embroidery hoop and flowers I got at an estate sale, back in 2014.  So I'm ok with using unusual things as my base.




Finally I figured it out... a dead picture frame (left over when I bought it second hand to replace the glass in another frame) that I had downstairs.

It's big.  16"x 20".  And works very well as a "wreath".


Cost for this project:
frame -free (on hand)
flowers -free
ribbon -free (on hand)
glue sticks - free (on hand)

yes, that's right.  It cost me nothing other than time.
(Eventually I'd like to swap out the ribbon for something that matches (and fades to the background) better, but for now, I'll take FREE!).



No comments:

Post a Comment