Tuesday, May 9, 2017

First piano recital

I have finally arrived as a piano teacher...  I put on a recital! 

I currently have eight students (two of whom are my own children), from beginning to intermediate.  Although I've been teaching "for reals" for a couple years now, this is the first time I felt like I could host a recital.  The assisted living home across the street let us have the recital in their big "living room".  They have a "baby grand" electric piano that looks pretty impressive and plenty of space for all the friends and family who attended.  It also made a really nice event for the residents.  And since my aunt is a resident there, it was doubly special.

The kids all did an amazing job!... even the couple that I worried might not be prepared in time. I gave each of them a challenging piece.  But they all worked really hard and learned and memorized their pieces.  I was very proud of them.












No comments:

Post a Comment