I am very lucky to be able to babysit, most mornings, for a friend of mine. We've been watching baby Hank since he was about eight weeks old. Being able to "borrow" a baby (and getting paid for it!) is wonderful. I get my baby FIX and my kids get to experience having a baby around. I think it is especially good for Nini. Most youngest children never get to spend extended periods of time with babies - they're the youngest, after all. But now my youngest gets to learn all about babies through an honorary younger sibling... How to be "gentle". How small they are. How much time they take. How much babies poop, spit up and cry (ok, she's probably not getting a realistic view of this one, since baby Hank is probably the easiest baby I've ever known). How babies can't do "anything" and how exciting it is to see each new skill learned. How to entertain them and the joy of making them smile.

It is fun to see my kids get so excited when the baby gets dropped off. They love to play with him and help take care of him.

Nini has staked her claim - Hank is "her" baby and "her" friend. "I love Hank."
No comments:
Post a Comment