The kid history films are quite popular around our house. They even get quoted. Often. Today, I watched the latest (#7) with Nini and W. Afterwards W was in his bed saying "big trak!" over and over instead of napping. My kids have been known to spout out with "I love you mommy, I love you mommy, I love you mommy!" in the middle of the grocery store.
Tonight we added our own kid history worthy quote to our family's repertoire: After a discussion of St. Nicholas' birthday (we're leaving shoes out tonight to be filled with candy), Beorn asked who was having gas. The question was followed by a series of "not I"s and a little voice piping up "me! I'm farting!" That was funny enough, but then Nini preceded to explain to us how we have holes in our bodies. And when daddy asked what comes out of the holes (we're working on potty training, after all) she paused, got a bright, excited look in her eyes and responded, quite sincerely, .... "CANDY comes out!"
The big kids started laughing, while Beorn and I did the mom-and-dad-try-not-to-laugh thing. I couldn't hold it together and laughed so hard I cried.
Kids say such funny things :) LOL
ReplyDelete