Friday, April 15, 2011
I guess someone agreed...
It looks like someone else felt that Beorn's April Fool's joke was completely inappropriate. He found out from a coworker yesterday that he is under investigation for sexual harasment. I figure the best case scenario is a black mark that keeps him from getting the much needed promotion at work that he has applied for. Worst case... he'll be fired. And the most amazing thing in all of this is I haven't felt upset. I worry what we'll do without that new position or (even worse) with no job at all. But I haven't felt angry with him or the panic that used to accompany such uncertainty. I realized as he told me last night that there was no point in getting mad at him, it wouldn't change or help anything. Plus, he was mad enough at himself for both of us. And hopefully the lack of panic on my part is a sign that I am learning to look at trials with a "spiritually analytical" eye. When I picked up my Ensign to read this morning, the article was "Fear Not" by Elder Callister in the December 2010 Ensign. He talks about this spiritual perspective on trials and how God always has a solution to the problem(s) we are facing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment