Monday, April 4, 2011

ready for kindergarden


W is so very ready for school and yet we have a whole school year till he will start. He already knows his letters and the sounds they make. He can write most of them from memory. He is sounding out words and constantly asking what words say. He has a double handfull of words that can already qualify as "sight words". He can spell and write his own name and is working on the names of the rest of the family. He can count to twenty and does simple arithmetic on his fingers. He knows all his colors, including random ones like turquoise. ("no, I want the turquoise bowl!") He can use scissors. He draws detailed pictures - check out his monsters in the pic. BEST OF ALL - - - ALL OF THIS HE HAS TAUGHT HIMSELF! I don't have to do much encouraging here, just provide the "enriching environment" and answer his questions. I love having such smart kids. Doesn't hurt that he's the cutest kid ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment