Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Sick

It first hit about six months after we were married and has plagued us ever since. Yes, there are times when he can't get out of bed, no matter what day it is. That's when things get REALLY bad. But even during the "good" times, Sundays are hard. His mom calls it "Sunday sick". Probably 90% of Sundays Beorn spends some/all day in bed. He has made a greater effort to get up in time to go to church the last few months. Usually that means he gets up an hour before church (which starts at 1pm), sits through Sacrament with his eyes closed, not interacting unless absolutely necessary, and then sits in the foyer doing the same thing the remaining two meetings. I really feel like a single mom on most Sundays. I get the kids up, fed, dressed and ready to go and off to church all by myself. Even when he's with us at church, I juggle the kids by myself. He's had a couple hard days this week, probably because he missed his meds several times this week, so it shouldn't surprize me that he's in bed this morning. What did surprize me was his reaction when I tried to coax him to get up. He got very upset, so I left him alone. We'll go to his mom's for Conference without him... The way he can cope all week and then crashes on Sundays, combined with the bad days whenever he misses his meds (antidepressants are supposed to build up in your system, he shouldn't "feel" it that same day...) and how rarely he has "good" moods, make me question his diagnosis. I don't think it's really/only/or just depression. He just doesn't seem to react to his meds quite right. He's going in May to see Bucket's counselor for some career counseling. Hopefully, we can get a better diagnosis as well. Beorn was diagnosed with depression as a teenager. I don't think the diagnosis has ever been revisited since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment