"There are many others who, for different reasons, find themselves waiting on the road to Damascus."
Elder Uchtdorf's talk (http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/waiting-on-the-road-to-damascus?lang=eng) really hit home for me. I realized only a few years ago that I had been doing just that: sitting there waiting...
"The truth is, those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him. They will personally receive a divine portrait of the Master, althougn it most often comes in the form of a puzzle - one piece at a time. Each individual piece may not be easily recognizable by itself; it may not be clear how it relates to the whole. Each piece helps us to see the big picture a little more clearly. Eventually, after enough pieces have been put together, we recognize the grand beauty of it all. The, looking back on our experience, we see that the Savior had indeed come to be with us- not all at once but quietly, gently, almost unnoticed."
I have often wondered what exactly happened after Nini was born to so completely change my attitude toward my life. I have told people it was a gift from the Lord and I think I was more right than I knew. I had been too busy holding separate pieces and crying out that these weren't what I wanted/expected to see how they fit together. The Lord helped me to place enough "pieces" into the puzzle of my life, so I could see some of the picture - see the role he was playing and the beauty he was creating from my life.
"...When necessary the Lord will even carry you over obstacles as you seek His peace with a broken heart and a contrite spirit...."
Amen. I only make it through the challenges of life through my Savior.
"...the revelations of the Spirit may not come directly to us as the answer to our prayers... The answer may come through the voice and wisdom of trusted friends and family, the scriptures, and the words of prophets..."
Amen, again. This really was the first blessing that made it possible for us to buy a house. But I'm saving that story for another post.
"With so many social media resources and a multitude of more or less useful gadgets at our disposal, sharing the good news of the gospel is easier and the effects more far-reaching than ever before... My dear young friends, perhaps the Lord's encouragement to "open [your] mouths" might today include "use you hands" to blog and text message the gospel to all the world!... Brothers and sisters, with the blessings of modern technology, we can express gratitude and joy about God's great plan for his children in a way that can be heard not only around our workplace but around the world. Sometimes a single phrase of testimony can set events in motion that affect someone's life for eternity... The most effective way to preach the gospel is through example. If we live according to our beliefs, people will notice. If the countenance of Jesus Christ shines in our lives, if we are joyful and at peace with the world, people will want to know why..."
I did not know why I had been feeling impressed to start this blog, but I knew I needed to do it and that I needed to talk about my attitude change. Now I know why... :) ...An Apostle of Jesus Christ paraphrases the point of my blog in his talk and then goes on to talk about sharing the gospel through blogging.... My blog is my opportunity to share how an Eternal perspective helps me to stay "joyful and at peace" despite the challenges in my life. Hopefully sharing my experiences will help others.
"Do not doubt. Remember, "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." God loves you. He hears your prayers. He speaks to His children and offers comfort, peace, and understanding to those who seek Him and honor Him by walking in His way. I bear my sacred witness that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is on course. We have a living prophet. This church is led by Him whose name we bear, even the Savior Jesus Christ.
Brothers and sisters, dear friends, let us not wait too long on our road to Damscus. Instead, let us courageously move forward in faith, hope, and charity, and we will be blessed with the light we are all seeking upon the path of true discipleship...."
No comments:
Post a Comment