W says the CUTEST prayers. He uses his "little" voice, the high pitched one he reserves for little babies, his little sister... and Heavenly Father. He very sweetly asks (sometimes over and over) "that we can be safe" and "that we can be good." He also tends to bless EVERYTHING, from the individual dishes on the table, to each type of food being served, to each person in his world, to how he would like them to treat him ("let me go in their room, day and night"), to how he should treat them ("bless Nini, so I can share my Transformers with her").
Tonight, at dinner, he asked a blessing on the various items on the table and then asked for Heavenly Father to "bless our house, so it won't break down, like on Return of the King... when the volcano explodes, explodes means blow up..." Then he asked for a couple other things and closed his prayer. I had to keep my head down a couple extra moments after saying "Amen" while I got my smile under control.
I wonder sometimes, when others hear W pray, if they think ill of me for not stopping his "rambling" prayers. The truth is, I don't consider it "rambling." I look at it as his honestly TALKING with his Father in Heaven. When he prays, W is doing what we all should do - talking with our Father, not using repetitive phrases we barely give a thought to, but really talking to him about the things that are on our minds, the things that are important to us... Even that scary thought that our house might crumble to the earth, like in the movies.
AWESOME! I giggled just reading this - not sure if I would have been able to control my laughter during the prayer. My favorite part - that W included the definition of explodes. Super cute!
ReplyDelete