Just before we left California to head home we got a call from my dad. His mother had just passed away. I must admit, I didn't really feel sad - more relieved. She suffered a severe stroke several years ago and has really been ready to leave this life for quite some time. I am so glad I was able to get to know her better and develop a good relationship with her as an adult. She was always very kind and generous to me and my family. It was hard to watch her trapped in a debilitated body, so unable to do and be the things she loved. Her funeral was last weekend. So, I went from fun bonding time with my maternal family to a big gathering of my paternal family. It was good to see so many family members, but, as I commented to one cousin, it's too bad it takes a funeral to get so many of us together. I'm not as close to my dad's family as I am to my mom's... but those of my cousins I've been able to get to know I really enjoy. All of the family has always been very kind to me. I hope we have more (and happier) occasions to get together. We took a big "cousins" picture. I'll post it when I can.
Me and the kids at the cemetery. Beorn couldn't make it... we honestly can't afford for him to take ANY time off work. Now that he has an internship (YAY!), as well as class, he can only work two and a half days each week and money is tighter than ever.
Nini took this shot of Grandma and Grandpa's headstone.
More shots from the cemetery. Turning kids loose with the camera is always fun.
Me and my sibs at the luncheon. Bryan had to bail early with tired kiddos.
Me and my daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment