Wednesday, January 1, 2014

not my New Year's resolution

Guess what we got last night?


Yup, we now have a cheap, used treadmill.  No, it's not for some New Year's exercise goal (at least not for me), but I am excited to use it.  It will be nice to still get my walk/jog in even through the worst of the winter weather.  And I'm hoping to run multiple 5Ks this year, so being able to keep up my activity level regardless of the weather will be awesome.

And here's someone else who's excited to use it:


Trigger figured it out within minutes.  No, it's not some "lazy" way to walk the dog... I walk him every day - and I love doing it.   But really he needs LOTS of exercise - and a treadmill can help keep a high energy dog calm, focused and happy.  Today he did four miles with me this morning, over a mile and a half on the treadmill this afternoon and two miles tonight on the treadmill.  (That's on top of his regular playtime and training time.  It takes a LOT of physical and mental exercise to keep this boy in a good place).  And yes, he loves the treadmill already.  Gets on without coaxing and trots away wagging his tail the whole time.

Monkey and Beorn also had some treadmill time today.  I'm hoping it will increase their activity levels as well.

1 comment:

  1. I must say - the picture of Trigger walking the treadmill is too funny! Glad he likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete