This post is more than a little late... but for any who may have not noticed - I cut my hair! A good 14 inches or so. It was my anniversary gift to myself. I needed some kind of change and, after debating it with myself for over a year, I decided to quit fighting the losing battle and just cut it off. I haven't had short hair for several years. In fact, I have lots of friends who only know me with long hair. They were pretty impressed by my "bravery" in just cutting it all off. But it wasn't bravery, it was going back to my baseline - I've always had shorter hair. The long hair was just a fluke, one that takes pregnancy (with a girl) to make happen.
So, here's me, that first day, with my stacked A-line. I tried to get a shot of back, side and front.
And yes, I do love it. I miss the long hair (at my core I still feel long hair is the most elegant, beautiful way to go), but I think I look good! I love having a hair cut that works with my hair's "natural talents". I can basically do nothing to it in the morning- and it looks good. I can wash and wear, I can straighten it, I can curl it, I can flip it, I can pull it back... and it finally has body and life.
No comments:
Post a Comment