I made cookies to take to the Relief Society activity tonight and they really do look like a herd of turtles.

I haven't made these cookies for years. They were my signature dessert in college (usually shaped like hands and feet). Tayn made lemon bars, Sooz made fruit cocktail cake and I made these filled cookies. My roommates dubbed them 'substantials' because "this isn't a cookie, this is a meal!"
I had forgotten all about the substantials!! So good! Reading this post brought back a wave of wonderful, fun, loving memories. Love you Tar! I think I need to make lemon bars now..... Darin likes just about everything, but not lemon bars....so I have to make them when I can share with other people. YUMMO!
ReplyDeleteMy dad would be so proud.
ReplyDeleteSubstantials!!! I think of you everytime I pass that recipe in the recipe file! They were filling, and oh so delicious!
ReplyDelete