Feeling frustrated. As if I didn't have enough to deal with right now - my sewing machine is out of commission. (ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
This is my BIG sewing time of year - making Jedi tunics to sell on eBay for Halloween. So far I've made 20 or so, with another 20 or so cut out and waiting for me, plus a handful of robes. We are listing them as soon as I get them made. This costume "season" is incredibly important to our family finances - the money that comes in now is supposed to keep ends met till the tax return comes. And now?
I sat down this morning, hoping to get several tunics made today and after running rough for a couple minutes, my machine won't sew at all. Checked all the ususal things, but it turns out the bobbin case is turning (it should hold still) and wedging itself up in a strange position. Fix it, and it just happens again. From the look of it, I think I have worn away one edge of the case just enough to allow it to turn. I've worn out two needle screws, so why not the bobbin case? I've ordered a new bobbin case from the dealer, but it'll be at least 10 days till it arrives. I could order the part online and do speedy shipping, but at $30-$50 a pop, this isn't the kind of thing you want to guess on and my sewing machine is an obscure model that the websites don't have listed. I really feel stuck with going through the dealer. (Let's just hope I've diagnosed the problem correctly.)
No sewing machine = no money. That's bad. So, I'll be looking for a loaner. Maybe my mother-in-law's machine is working and if not, maybe my mom can loan me hers...
I so did not need this right now!
loaner machine in hand, thankyou.
ReplyDelete