



Church was good. Our sacrament meeting talks were given by the ward missionaries. My favorite talk was on how the atonement of Jesus Christ can help us through trials. Turning my burdens over to the Lord is something I try to do every day. It's the only way I can get through. The closing song was the ward choir number "I know my Redeemer Lives", with a viola solo, spoken word, choir and then congregation and organ joining (and me playing through it all). I've been told it turned out amazing - that people couldn't sing, they felt so moved. But, being the pianist, I had to just concentrate on playing, let my feelings for the song come out in my playing, but ignore everything else. It made me feel badly, afterwards, to think I missed feeling the spirit as strongly as everyone else did. I had to remind myself that I was there to help make that moment possible for the rest of the ward, that I was being fed spiritually by my giving service, rather than through a moving musical number.
After church we had a nice Sunday dinner. I don't usually do big "fancy" meals on Sundays, but being Easter, I thought I should. It was a very yummy roast.
No comments:
Post a Comment