Sunday, April 22, 2012
So, it has come to this.
After multiple attempts, over months and months, with escalating consequences, it has finally come to this - offering Monkey's cat free on craigslist. This last desperate consequence was decided on by mom and dad and the explanation was delivered in writing to the child in question. But still, she won't keep the litter box downstairs clean. I can't stand having my house smell of cat pee and with our finances so tight I need the kitty litter to last as long as possible. That means the litter box MUST be kept clean, so the litter lasts and doesn't smell. I hate having to be such a mean mom, but, as I told her this afternoon, if I keep reminding and giving second chances, her behavior will never change. So Monkey has until someone calls to try to change my mind through an incredible show of responsibility and diligence. Let's hope she follows through this time. Lucy is a good kitty and getting rid of her will make me sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh sad! Please Monkey....clean the litterbox! :( I love little Lucy-smooshey-face!
ReplyDelete