Things were simple this year. A book. A little candy. And bubbles.
Sometimes it feels like a struggle to balance the "fun" stuff of Easter with it's real meaning - that Christ lives and is our Redeemer. To let the kids enjoy the candy and bunnies, while being sure they remember why we celebrate.
I shared with them this great Piano Guys video of my favorite hymn.
... But when I think, that God His Son not sparing, sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in. That on the cross, my burden gladly baring, He bled and died, to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to Thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art...
After church we went to grandma's for dinner (you can tell Monkey was excited!), conversation and an egg hunt (and with the amount of chocolate grandma provides... it really is OK the Easter bunny doesn't do much at our house).
No comments:
Post a Comment