Well, this is what I discovered bright and early on day one:
That's right.... when my kids have a break from school and nothing they need to do, they READ!
As you can probably guess, it was a low-key, stay-at-home, kind of spring break. The kids did lots of reading and lots of playing. There was drawing and hut building and jumping on the trampoline. They also got to play with the babysit kids, which was a big treat.
Our only "vacation" activity was a trip to the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. We were there just a couple days before the tulip festival officially started. It was beautiful, even with just the early tulips (and hyacinths and daffodils) blooming. I LOVE visiting botanical gardens and I was happy to find my kids enjoyed it as well - our half hour "test" turned into an almost two hour visit - and they're excited to go back and see all the things we missed.
Monkey DID have a little more of a vacation.... she spent the first few days of Spring Break going to Cedar City (and Zions and SUU) with her friend's family. Being part of a different family was quite the adventure for her. I don't think she'd realized before how different people can be and how different family cultures can be (and this was with a family we sync with VERY well!). She LOVED Zions. She loved it so much she was CERTAIN she'd been there before.... but sorry kiddo, we didn't take you there (just to Bryce Canyon).



No comments:
Post a Comment