I hope I will be forgiven for stealing some pics... but I couldn't talk about this without having a few images.
On April 16th Ecuador was hit by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake. I found out about it when a helpful Facebook app informed me that four of my friends were safe. I immediately scoured the internet for details and was so saddened by what I found.
I lived in Ecuador for 16 months serving an LDS mission. It is my second country, my second home. The people I knew are all ok (the earthquake was centered in the north, while I served in the south), but my heart still hurts every day when I think about the people affected.
Our lives can truly change in just a moment.
And thinking about the thousands of people affected and how this has impacted them (because I know first-hand how hard life was for them BEFORE this) has really put things into perspective for me. As hard, as challenging, as discouraging as my life can seem... there is NOTHING I deal with that even compares. How grateful I should be every day for my little, outdated house, my old car, my very tight budget, my difficult children... all the things "the world" tells me I should be upset about.
I am blessed in amazing ways every day.
I pray the Lord will strengthen and comfort the people in Ecuador.





No comments:
Post a Comment