I'd had big plans for my kitchen. I was going to redo the ceiling and lose the acoustic tiles. I was going to refinish the cabinets, faux finish the counter tops, change the backsplash AND get copper for behind the stove... I'd priced everything and figured out how to do it for WAY cheap - only a tiny, tiny piece of our tax return.
Of course, the accident kind of ruined that plan (and several others), as basically ALL of the money went into the new car.
So, I tried to write off the kitchen...
But, you know me... when has a lack of cash ever stopped me? It just means I must be even MORE creative. And so my Saturday, while listening to Conference, project became tearing down ceiling tiles. It looks pretty awful, but I love it because it means things are in process...
Of course, the water damage we found means that things will need to sit for a little bit, while I wrap my creativity around replacing some drywall...
But I have figured out a plan for the windows (not cornice boxes, Suzanne, sorry. Turns out Tim did NOT like the idea. Too much like the lights over the windows we tore out of the living room) and for how to finish the ceiling... so keep watching!!

No comments:
Post a Comment